Friday 1 February 2013

from Paris with Love

So, this is me back in the blogging sphere. I returned from Paris at the end of this month from a mix of trade and fashion shows. Controversial as it may sound but i don't like Paris. City of romance blah blah, I don't get it, its cold, its dirty and only occasionally chic.

Putting aside my feelings on the weather the main purpose of my visit was to attend Who's Next 2013 a prĂȘt-a-porter trade fair. Whilst the fair itself wasn't revolutionary (compared to Pitti Uomo for example its far from directional) it did confirm something I've been thinking over for a while. I want to return to Menswear.

After nigh on 3 years as a Manager in Designer Menswear retail, I've definitly picked up a trick or two and that knowledge doesn't count for nothing. Having some time to clear my head over the past few months has put that into perspective. I love womenswear, but I can keep that for the weekend, Menswear is something I know.

Also, I saw Carine Roitfeld outside of the Armani Privé show, LOVE.

No comments:

Post a Comment