Thursday 13 December 2012

Once upon a time...

Despite being head over heels with the bright city lights, sometimes it all seems a bit too smoke and fog for anyones taste.... and when that happens to me there are some places I love to retreat. A new found getaway for me is Somerset House, perhaps most famed for hosting LFW but also home to some brilliant galleries.


I visited Tim Walker: Storyteller the other week very early on a tuesday morning and found myself absolutely enthralled. Every image, every iconic installation (remember Lily Donaldson sat astride that Spitfire in Vogue 2009) in dreamy hyper-real beauty. Thanks to the grey day outside and the early hour I was left almost completely alone to enjoy this Alice in Wonderland paradise.

The fusion between model, costume, set and wonderfully imaginative props is something truly unique, not to mention the way it is captured by Walker on film.

No comments:

Post a Comment